Here’s our top 5 reasons to wear Sunglasses
- The Sun’s harmful UV rays can lead to serious & in some instances long term health issues for the eyes, including Photokeratitis, Pterygium, Cataracts & Macular Degeneration.
- Skin Cancer: 5% to 10% of skin cancer occurs around the eyes. We recommend that you wear quality, protective sunglasses when outdoors & that even includes overcast days.
- Blue Light Protection (HEV: high-energy visible radiation) Use outdoor lenses that absorb the HEV as a build up of exposure has been linked with age related macular degeneration (ARMD)
- Dark Adaptation: Spending time in intense sunlight can hamper the eyes ability to adapt quickly to night or indoor light levels
- General Eye Comfort: The Sun’s brightness & glare interferes with comfortable vision